Do you want to write a cover letter for a yoga instructor or teacher position? Then check out our Youtube tutorial and cover letter example for yoga instructors!
- Matching resume and cover letter templates (50% discount)
- Contact an expert to help you write a resume and/or cover letter
- Visit our Facebook page to review our cover letters
Cover Letter Example
[Number, Street Name]
[Los Angeles, CA 34546]
[November 4, 2020]
[Health Center X]
[Number, Street Name]
[Los Angeles, CA 65432]
Dear Ms. Parker,
I was pleased finding your recent job posting for the ‘Yoga Instructor’ position on [Website URL] at [Health Center X]. As someone with five years of experience in the fitness industry, I believe that my extensive knowledge and proficiency can contribute to [HCX’s] mission to provide genuine and sustainable yoga practise. In this cover letter, I will highlight my ability to evolve the physical and emotional health of your clients.
To shortly introduce myself, my name is [Lily Turner] and I am an experienced yoga instructor with a Registered Yoga Teacher Certification (RYT) from a Yoga Alliance (YA) recognized institute. I regularly read through [HCX’s] blog posts on Vinyasa Flow and Hatha Yoga. The insights are great, especially topics on how to integrate yoga practises into a busy lifestyle. During my corporate life, I used the exact same yoga practises to soothe my nerves and calm my senses. I believe that working at [HCX] would be an exceptional opportunity to further grow both personally and professionally.
At [Yoga Gym], where I worked as a yoga teacher for five years, I was responsible for performing yoga poses and postures in precise alignment while using the correct terminology at the same time. I managed to increase attendance by 60% in the previous course of 8 months. The attached testimonials prove my ability to teach and motivate others. Prior to my employment at [Yoga Gym], I became a support teacher in a 200-hour yoga teacher training where I practised with aspiring yoga teachers and shared knowledge. At this moment, I am seeking to obtain a new, challenging and growth oriented position focussed on Vinyasa Flow and Hatha Yoga practises.
I would welcome the opportunity to elaborate on [topic] and demonstrate my proficiency with Vinyasa Flow and Hatha Yoga practises. In the attachment, you can find my CPR/First Aid certification, resume and testimonials. For any questions, you can reach me at [+(000) 000 0000] or [Email Address]. Thank you for your time and consideration.
How To Write a Cover Letter For Yoga Instructors
Writing Tips Yoga Teachers
- Use a standard font and font size like: ‘Calibri’, ‘Arial’ or ‘Times New Roman’ with a 10 to 12 pt. font size for easy reading. In addition, keep a word count of around 300 to 400 words and divide your letter into four paragraphs.
- Keep a word count of around 300 to 400 words and divide your letter into four paragraphs. It’s important to keep your cover letter short, concise and to the point. Don’t exceed the one page document and five paragraphs.
- Include the hiring manager’s name, for example: Dear Ms. Parker, or Dear Mr. Parker. Try to avoid generic openings like: Dear Hiring Manager, Dear Sir or Madam, or To whom it may concern.
- Emphasize must-have skills for yoga instructors. For example, your ability to communicate with compassion, your ability to understand the feelings of another or your deep desire to help people heal and grow.
- Focus on what you are going to bring to their health center. That means you should not only focus on your qualifications but relate these to their objectives.
- Write a unique cover letter for each job application. Although this might take some time, it will certainly increase your chances of getting the job.