Do you want to write a cover letter for a teaching position? Check out our Youtube tutorial and cover letter example for a teacher job.
- Matching resume and cover letter templates (50% discount)
- Contact an expert to help you write a resume and/or cover letter
- Visit our Facebook page to review our cover letters
Cover Letter Example
123 Second Street
San Francisco, CA 08055
April 22, 2020
Human Resources Manager
456 High Road
Philadelphia, NY 678910
Dear Ms. Brown,
I am writing to express my interest in the teaching position advertised on [Website] under section [‘Careers At’]. During my voluntary service at [Public School Y] I heard about [School X], and I am convinced that my extra set of hands can fill the gap of unfilled teaching posts. In this cover letter, I will elaborate on my motivation and qualifications required for this vacancy.
To shortly introduce myself, my name is [Name], and I have 2 years of experience as a substitute teacher at the elementary school in [City]. Since several months I moved to [City], and therefore seeking a job as an elementary teacher in your district. I was pleased when reading the job advertisement, because I know that [Public School X] is recognised for student diversity, achieving academic excellence and digital learning. I notice the complexity of the current educational landscape, but the ambition to help students achieve their goals, never gets old. As a substitute teacher I found my passion, and commitment to teaching, have grown over the years.
During my third-year at the [University] of [City] I gained my first teaching experience for 4th and 5th grades. According to my ex-employers, see references, I was highly praised for detailed lesson plans and instructional PowerPoint tutorials. My study program received recognition and was therefore adopted in the school’s educational program. In addition, I got the opportunity to present the program at the National Federation of Teachers. Since then, I used my expertise and enthusiasm for daily teaching at [School Y].
While my attached resume will give you an outline of my abilities, I would be interested to further elaborate on how I can contribute to the educational program at [Public School Y] in a personal meeting. Please feel free to contact me at [Phone number] or via [E-mail address]. Thank you for your interest and consideration. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
How To Write a Cover Letter For a Teacher Job?
Writing Tips For Teachers
- Use a business letter format. I will show you in a second what that looks like. In addition, use a suitable font and font size, ‘Times New Roman‘, ‘Arial‘ or ‘Calibri‘ with a size between 10 to 12 are most suitable.
- Use a cover letter to highlight your experience and accomplishments, but make sure to tie your work history and achievements to the job description. Remember, your cover letter is a supplement to your resume, do not recreate it.
- Identify the recruiter, school or university. Make sure to include a name to whom you address it to. Search on LinkedIn, or consider calling the organization. Last mentioned also proves that you are really interested and motivated to get the job.
- Emphasize on academic and extracurricular experience. If you have limited teaching experience, try to include non-teaching work or volunteer experience that involves working with, for example children.
- Offer value in the cover letter ending. Briefly summarize the core message and politely initiate an interview. Don’t forget to proofread and do a spelling check before you send it over.