Do you want to write a cover letter for a social media manager position? Check out our cover letter example for social media specialists.
- Matching resume and cover letter templates (50% discount)
- Contact an expert to help you write a resume and/or cover letter
- Visit our Facebook page to review our cover letters
Cover Letter Example
[Number, Street Name]
[San Francisco, CA 23134]
[November 21, 2020]
[Number, Street Name]
[San Francisco, CA 98372]
Dear Mr. Lewis,
I would like to express my excitement for the Social Media Manager position at [Company name]. I found the job advertisement on [LinkedIn] under section [‘Work at’]. As an experienced creative communicator, I am confident to develop and implement communication strategies to meet [Company name]’s objectives for 2022. Therefore, I kindly ask you to consider my job application for the social media specialist role at your establishment in San Francisco, CA.
To shortly introduce myself, my name is [James Lewis] and I have 5+ years of experience posting conversion-optimized Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and Facebook posts. I have followed [Company name]’s social media channels ever since the start, and noticed your emphasis on brand engagement and building a community around the business. I am thrilled about the opportunity to analyze online KPIs and contribute to a well-constructed system to improve brand perception, loyalty and word of mouth recommendations.
In my current role as social media advisor at [Organization], I coordinate and implement communication strategies to avoid audience fatigue and maximise the impact of our social media channels. In 2020, our communications team increased website traffic from 9,500 monthly visitors to more than 18,000, and nearly doubled the number of social registrations. My recent campaign led to an increase of over 40% in inbound traffic for our website. I was praised for these results, and my ability to communicate clearly and compassionately with my team members (see references).
Currently, I am seeking to obtain a new, challenging and growth oriented position in my field of interest. I would welcome the opportunity to discuss my candidacy and demonstrate my online communication strategies. I have included my CV for your review. If you need any additional information, you can reach me at [Phone number] or [Email address]. Thank you for your time in reviewing my cover letter. I look forward to hearing from you.
Writing Tips For Social Media Managers
- When it comes to choosing a font and font size, you need to pick a simple and professional variant that is easy to read. For example, ‘Calibri‘, ‘Cambria’ or ‘Times New Roman’ with a 10 to 12-point font size.
- Understand the differences between American and British English cover letters. On this page you can find an American English example. Check out our Youtube-video for more information about the similarities and differences.
- Address your letter to someone and write a suitable greeting. For example, ‘Dear Mr. Lewis,’ or ‘Dear Ms. Lewis,’. Don’t use ‘Mrs.’ as the abbreviation, unless you know that the contact person is a married woman. If you are unsure about the reader’s gender, then you need to write the full name as in: ‘Dear James Lewis,’. If you write to an unknown recipient, then I’d advise you to write ‘Dear Hiring Manager,’.
- Don’t list your skills and experience like you do in your resume, but instead provide context with preferably numerical and statistical information. For example, what have you achieved in terms of online engagement, reach or inbound traffic. Make sure to link these qualifications to the requirements listed in the vacancy.
- Thank the reader for their time and consideration and close in a compelling way. For example, ‘Kind regards‘, ‘Best regards,‘ or ‘Sincerely,‘.