Do you want to write a cover letter for a physician assistant position? Then check out our Youtube tutorial and cover letter example for physician assistants!
- Matching resume and cover letter templates (50% discount)
- Contact an expert to help you write a resume and/or cover letter
- Visit our Facebook page to review our cover letters
Cover Letter Example
[Number, Street Name]
[City, ZIP, State]
[Date, Year] (Sep 12, 2020)
[Physician Office X]
[Number, Street Name]
[City, ZIP, State]
Dear Mr. Jones,
It is with great pleasure that I am applying for the Physician Assistant position as advertised on [website.com] under section [‘Careers at’]. Throughout the years I performed a detailed history and physical examination of oncological patients. I noticed [Physician Office X’s] credible involvement in oncology healthcare. Therefore, I would appreciate your consideration for this position.
To shortly introduce myself, my name is [Susan Bradford] and I am a NCCPA-certified physician assistant with a master’s degree in Physician Assistant Studies at the [University] of [State]. Surfing around, I stumbled upon an interesting article about [Physician Office X’s] excellent clinical experience and approach to staff and physicians. The prospect of working independently and developing my own patient following really appeals to me. I also noticed that [Physician Office X] supports external training programs focussed on oncology healthcare. That happens to be exactly the professional growth that I seek for my career path.
During my six-year employment at [Medical Office Y] as a PA, I efficiently and effectively carried out various physical examinations and diagnostic tests, prescribed medication and maintained patients’ medical history. I treated a diverse caseload of 30-35 patients per day, managing acute and chronic diseases. Furthermore, I was praised by former supervisors for my abilities to communicate clearly and compassionately with patients and care team members within often stressful medical treatment settings (see references).
I welcome the opportunity to discuss how my expertise can contribute to the oncology team and provide care to cancer patients. Attached is my resume for your review and consideration. If you need any additional information, don’t hesitate to contact me at [Phone number] or [Email address]. Thank you for your time in reviewing my cover letter. I look forward to hearing from you.
How To Write a Cover Letter For Physician Assistants?
Writing Tips For Physician Assistants
- Use a standard easy to read font and font size: ‘Calibri’, ‘Arial’ and ‘Times New Roman’ with a 10 to 12 pt. font size will do. Don’t use novelty style fonts like ‘Script style’, ‘Comic-Sans’ or handwriting fonts. Furthermore, keep a word count of around 300 to 400 words and divide the cover letter into 4 paragraphs.
- Personalize your cover letter. For example, know to whom you need to address your letter to and include the name in your salutation. Write ‘Dear Mr. Jones,‘ or ‘Dear Ms. Jones,‘ but avoid generic openings like: ‘Dear Hiring Manager,’ ‘Dear Sir or Madam,’ and especially not use: ‘To whom it may concern,’.
- Emphasize on the most important physician skills. For example, problem-solving skills, ability to make quality, independent decisions and strong verbal communication and listening skills. Make sure you relate these to the job requirements. Search for keywords that are used multiple times. By doing so, you know better which competencies to focus on.
- Don’t simply list your personal traits and skills like you do in your resume, but instead provide context in numbers, statistics or awards you’ve been granted. Describe relevant real life achievements and if possible, you refer to your references where former employers confirm your qualifications.
- At last, make sure to write unique cover letters for each job application. In addition, keep your letter short, concise and to the point and maintain a tone of voice that is confident, courteous and sincere.