Do you want to write a cover letter for a pharmacist position? Check out our Youtube tutorial and cover letter example for jobs in the pharmaceutical industry, such as: Pharmacist Technician, Chemist, Druggist or any other retailer of medicinal drugs.
- Matching resume and cover letter templates (50% discount)
- Contact an expert to help you write a resume and/or cover letter
- Visit our Facebook page to review our cover letters
Cover Letter Example
[888, High Street]
[Huntington, WV 93749]
[November 25, 2020]
[888, Down Street]
[Huntington, WV 29387]
Dear Mr. Griffin,
It is with great pleasure that I submit my application for the advertised position of Pharmacist on [URL] at the [Pharmacy Store] in Huntington, West Virginia. As a registered pharmacist who has recently moved to Huntington, I am very excited at the prospect of working for this reputable store. In this cover letter, I will elaborate on my motivation and ability to add value to your healthcare team.
To shortly introduce myself, my name is [Laura Sanders] and I have two years of experience as a pharmacist at [Pharma Store X] in Modesto, California. I heard about [Pharmacy Store] during the CSHP Seminar. One of the interesting developments is your involvement in the growth of a discipline, also known as pharmacogenomics. I am convinced that individually-tailored drug therapies are effective in treating diseases. I would love to be part of major innovations in medication therapy.
In the vacancy, you describe the ideal candidate as someone who requires very little training and supervision. After accurately processing more than 27,000 monthly prescriptions while counseling patients on prescription and OTC medications, I am convinced that my profile matches. During my employment at [Pharma Store], I trained five junior pharmacist technicians, caught prescription errors and managed to maintain a consistent 97% positive feedback in a customer satisfaction survey. In 2020, I was praised by management for developing successful relationships with not only patients, but also doctors, medical staff and insurance companies.
I am eager to further discuss my candidacy and potential contribution to [Pharmacy Store’s] daily operations. Thank you for taking the time to review my cover letter and attached resume. If you need any additional information, please contact me at [(000)-000-0000] or [Email Address].
Writing Tips For Pharmacists
- Use the appropriate font and font size. Basic fonts like: ‘Calibri’, ‘Arial’ or ‘Times New Roman’ with a 10 to 12pt. font size is most suitable. Avoid using novelty fonts like Comic Sans, fonts in script or handwriting-style. Furthermore, don’t exceed the one page document. Keep a word count between the 300 and 400 words and divide your cover letter into four paragraphs.
- Address your letter to someone. You can write for example: ‘Dear Mr. Griffin,’, or ‘Dear Ms. Griffin,’ If you are unsure about the reader’s gender, then you state his or her full name: ‘Dear Charlie Griffin,’. Try to avoid generic openings like: ‘Dear Hiring Manager,’, ‘Dear Sir or Madam,’ or ‘To whom it may concern,’. Do some research on LinkedIn, the company’s staff page or perhaps the receptionist at the pharmaceutical store can help you out.
- A strong cover letter provides context to the pharmacist skills listed in the resume. For example, if you claim to have counseling or management skills, substantiate these statements with real life experience. Perhaps you’ve trained 10 pharmacy technicians which improved performance by 30%. This is how you convince the reader about your qualifications.
- Avoid using meaningless words like: “team-player”, “fast learner”, “self-motivated” or go off on irrelevant tangents in an effort to sound witty or interesting. When you apply for a job at a pharmacy they are only interested in well-substantiated qualifications that could contribute to their daily operations.
- Write a unique cover letter for every job application. A strong cover letter is customized to the vacancy and pharmacy in question. Recruiters notice when you only change the names and address details. Although the process is time consuming, your chances of getting your dream job increases significantly.