Do you want to write a cover letter for registered nurses? Check out our Youtube tutorial and a cover letter example for nursing jobs!
- Matching resume and cover letter templates (50% discount)
- Contact an expert to help you write a resume and/or cover letter
- Visit our Facebook page to review our cover letters
Cover Letter Example
Mary Williams (Applicant)
456 Third Street
San Francisco, CA 6789
April 20, 2020
Human Resources Manager
456 Low Road
Philadelphia, NY 678910
Dear Ms. Brown,
I am writing to express interest in the nursing position advertised on [Website] under section [‘Careers At’]. During my voluntary service at [Institution] I heard about [Hospital X], and I am convinced that my extra set of hands can fill the gap in your healthcare department. In this cover letter, I will elaborate on my motivation and qualifications required for this vacancy.
To shortly introduce myself, my name is [Name], and I have 10+ years’ experience as a registered nurse at the [Medical Centre]. Since several months I moved to [City], and therefore seeking a new but similar challenging work environment. I was pleased when reading the job advertisement. Directing a rotational system to manage the care of patients, and coordinate workforce management used to be my main tasks. According to my ex-employers, see references, I excelled in effectively and efficiently managing both patients and staff. The daily evaluation of 30 patients, and recognition is what motivated me to choose this position.
In my previous role as registered nurse at [Medical centre] I was praised by management as unit leader for nursing judgement in 2018. In that year, I also managed to achieve all the required certifications for Healthcare Provider: CMSRN, ACLS and AHA BLS. Since my nursing degree from the [University], I focus on the ability to improve nursing quality. For example, in my fourth year I did a major in Patient Assessment. Since then my team at the [Medical Centre] have adopted similar techniques for better assessments.
While my attached resume will give you an outline of my abilities, a personal meeting allows me to explain how I can contribute to staff education and management to maintain (or improve) nurse care quality. I look forward to the opportunity to discuss the possibilities to service your department. Please reach me on [Phone number] to schedule an interview. Thank you for your time and consideration.
How To Write a Cover Letter For a Registered Nurse Job?
Writing Tips For Registered Nurses
- Use the appropriate font style and font size: Calibri, Arial, Times New Roman or Verdana with a 10 pt. to 12 pt. is most suitable.
- Customize the cover letter to (each) vacancy you apply for. The cover letter is not focussed on you, but the match between you, the vacancy and company you apply for.
- Identify the healthcare institution and hiring manager. Make sure to include a name in the salutation. Search on LinkedIn, check the staff page or consider calling the hospital.
- Emphasize on academic and extracurricular experience, but make it measurable. Don’t just mention that you are good at something, but provide numerical and statistical information.
- Initiate an interview. Politely ask to further elaborate on your resume and cover letter in a personal conversation, and don’t forget to proofread and double check your documents.