Do you want to write a cover letter for a computer systems analyst position? Check out our Youtube tutorial and cover letter example that can be used for a job application in the field of information technology. The example letter can (partly) be used for related positions such as, quality assurance managers, computer network architect, computer support specialist or computer programmer.
- Matching resume and cover letter templates (50% discount)
- Contact an expert to help you write a resume and/or cover letter
- Visit our Facebook page to review our cover letters
Cover Letter Example
[888, Blue Street]
[Seattle, WA 23451]
[November 27, 2020]
[Corporate Hiring Manager]
[Computer Consulting Firm]
[888, Green Street]
[Seattle, WA 29574]
Dear Mr. Davis,
The Computer Systems Analyst position on [URL] came highly recommended to me by [Dylan Thompson], Quality Assurance Manager in your department. Dylan and I worked together for several years in information technology at [Company Y], and he believes that I obtain the necessary qualifications to provide support on data analytics, ingest and processing. Therefore, I want you to consider this application for the job role at [CCF] in Seattle, WA.
To shortly introduce myself, my name is [Jordan Nguyen] and I am currently working at [Company Y] as a computer systems analyst. I wasn’t actively looking for a job change, but I became interested after [Dylan] referred me to your open job advertisement. The work environment and prospect of working with the information-technology operations listed in the vacancy makes me feel excited. I genuinely believe that my resistance to stress, ability to work overtime and overall expertise could contribute to your development team.
I am a skilled computer systems analyst with seven years’ experience providing technical solutions to improve existing systems and automate processes. At [Company Y], I spearheaded a company-wide model that saved $3 million in IT costs last year. For these cost-saving results, I had to manage and support an IT team of 12 specialists. At this moment, I am implementing a new semi-automated digital sales flow that will lead to a 30% increase in sales activities. I was praised by supervisors for these achievements and clear communication (see references).
I would welcome the opportunity to further discuss how [CCF’s] computer systems can operate in a more efficient and effective way. In the enclosed document, you’ll find a detailed overview of my relevant professional skills and past work experience. If you need any additional information, you can reach me at [(000)-000-0000] or [Email Address]. Thank you for your time and consideration.
Writing Tips For Computer Systems Analyst
- Your cover letter’s font and font size should be easy to read and match with your resume. Use a standard font and font size: ‘Calibri’, ‘Arial’ or ‘Times New Roman’ with a 10 to 12pt. font size will do. Furthermore, don’t exceed the one page document. Keep a word count between the 300 and 400 words and divide your cover letter into four paragraphs.
- Include the hiring manager’s name in the salutation. You can write for example, ‘Dear Mr. Davis,’ or ‘Dear Ms. Davis,’. If you are unsure about the reader’s gender, then you state his or her full name: ‘Dear Alex Davis,’. Do some research on LinkedIn or check the company’s staff page if you can’t find a name in the job advertisement.
- A cover letter is a supplement to your resume. That means you need to provide context to skills listed in your cv. For example, if you claim to have problem-solving and critical thinking skills, then you need to substantiate these statements with real life experience. What kind of problems have you solved and what were the alternative solutions you came up with?
- Avoid using one liners such as, “I am a fast learner”, “This job is exactly what I want” or “I think outside the box”, and don’t go off on irrelevant tangents in an effort to sound witty or interesting. Focus on what you’ll deliver with preferably numerical and statistical information.
- Write a unique cover letter for every job application. A strong cover letter is customized to each vacancy and company. Be aware that recruiter’s notice when you use boilerplate cover letters. Although the process of writing customised cover letters is time consuming, your chances of getting your favourite job increases.