Do you want to write a cover letter for an account manager position? Then check out our Youtube tutorial and the cover letter example!
- Matching resume and cover letter templates (50% discount)
- Contact an expert to help you write a resume and/or cover letter
- Visit our Facebook page to review our cover letters
Cover Letter Example
[Number, Street Name]
[City, ZIP Code]
[Date, Year] (June 13, 2020)
[Number, Street Name]
[City, ZIP Code]
Dear Mr. Johnson,
I was pleased finding the vacancy on [website.com] under section [Careers At]. With more than five years of experience in sales and account management, I developed a strong talent for building and maintaining long-lasting customer relationships. In this cover letter, I will elaborate in greater detail on the results of my efforts throughout the years.
To shortly introduce myself, my name is [Name Surname] and I heard about [Company X] during the [Exhibition] in [City] last year. I noticed that [Company X] is a leader in [Industry], a fast-paced and client-oriented business environment. Being an interpersonal and performance-driven professional, I am thrilled and confident about the opportunity to contribute to [Company X’s] mission of accelerating the world’s transition to sustainable energy.
During my previous role at [Company Y], I developed, built and nurtured long-term relationships with more than a dozen clients in the [industry]. My efforts improved customer satisfaction by 25% and reduced client complaints by 12% in 2019. This effectuated a 14% boost in client retention which led to 11% more revenue in 2020. I used several CRM software systems to manage and analyse customer data such as: HubSpot, MS Excel and Salesforce. I am confident about my proficiency in using them.
I would welcome the opportunity to discuss my potential contribution to [Company X’s] revenue, efficiency and client relationship goals. I have appended my resume for your review. Please let me know if you have any questions. You can reach me via [Email address] or directly contact me at [Phone number]. Thank you for your time and consideration.
How To Write a Cover Letter For an Account Manager Job?
Writing Tips For Account Managers
Before you start writing your own cover letter, I’d highly advise you to go through these writing tips for account managers:
- Use the appropriate font and font size: Calibri, Arial or Times New Roman with a 10 to 12 point size for easy reading will do. Do not use novelty style fonts like: Comic-sans, Script Style or handwriting fonts. Furthermore, keep it a one page document with around 300 to 400 words and 4 paragraphs.
- Thoroughly read the job description and pay attention to keywords that are used more than once. Be sure to reference the requirements listed in the job description, and elaborate why your skills and experience match these requirements.
- Make sure to understand the skill set of account managers. The soft skills include, among others: interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal. Common hard skills are, for instance, someone’s proficiency with CRM software or social media channels like LinkedIn. If you want to process these skills in your cover letter then you need to make sure you provide context to each achievement. What did you achieve in numbers, percentages or awards you’ve been granted.
- Do research on LinkedIn and the company’s ‘about us’ page. Not only so you know to whom you need to address your letter to, but also to find similar interests between you, the hiring manager and organization. If you highlight these in your cover letter or interview, your chances of getting the account manager position increases.
- Keep your cover letter short, concise and to the point. Avoid jargon, so don’t use generic business terms and long complicated sentences but write in ‘Simple English’. In addition, proofread your letter and use the Word spelling check.